India has over the years earned the reputation as the hub for medical tourism. Indian medical facilities have especially broken new grounds when it comes to advanced plastic surgeries.
One such kind of plastic surgery technique is Tummy Tuck Surgery to help those who wish to get their body in shape.
Even though this form of surgery has proven successful all around the globe, including India, not many population are aware about it.
Hence, this piece is written in a direction to promote Tummy Tuck Surgery in India and to help grow awareness about it.
What is Tummy Tuck Surgery?
Tummy Tuck Surgery or Abdominoplasty is one of the most useful techniques of plastic surgery, which helps those who are unhappy about their physical appearance because of the shape of their lower and/or upper abdomen. A person’s physical appearance is transformed significantly after the Cosmetic Plastic surgery.
What happens during the surgery and during aftercare?
The surgery consists of a major operation and hence is done in an advanced medical facility and the patient is kept under general anesthetic. The procedure takes approximately 24 hours.
Mostly patients are asked to relax in the hospital for 5 days to relax. Patients should not take extra strain or carry heavy loads till at least 6 months after the surgery but also should need to move around a bit to keep the regular blood flow.
Who makes the best candidate for Tummy Tuck Surgery?
A tummy tuck is suitable for both men and women who have excellent overall health and are at a steady weight. So, take advice of your cosmetic surgeon before deciding to go for the surgery. A tummy tuck is also a substitute for men or women who were once obese, and still have disproportionate fat deposit or loose skin in the abdominal area.
Candidates who have an upper or/and lower abdomen bulging outward, and despite various diet schemes and exercises and gym machines, are unable to shape this portion, can apply for Tummy Tuck Surgery.
For abdominoplasty, the perfect candidate is a male/female who is a nonsmoker, sustains and maintains good health and body weight.
Candidates with tissues or scars in the surgery region, heart problems, obesity, diabetes, Drug related allergies, blood clotting medical conditions and/or smoking habit are not fit for this kind of surgery. The surgeon might not always decline the surgery because of any of these reasons, but the risk is definitely increased.
What are the types of Tummy Tuck Surgery?
- Mini: This treatment is used for removing the mini extra bulging in the lower abdomen, mostly below the navel region.
- Full: This treatment is preferred for an overall surgery of the abdominal region for tightening of both upper and lower abdomen.
- Fleur-De-Lys: This form of surgery is for aid of those who have lost a lot of weight due to some or the other reasons.
What Things to Consider before Tummy Tuck Surgery?
- This technique is meant for those who wish to lose extra skin or fat present, in the abdominal region, without muscle wall. It is NOT a weight reducing technique.
- Even though, this skin surgery does not act like a contraceptive technique, still it stretches the skin and abdominal wall muscles. Hence, it is not preferable for those who wish to have children in the future.
- Candidate should be realistic about their expectations from the surgery. They must be expectant of scar tissues and complications. Also, they must be ready to wait at least 6 weeks to see any significant change.
- A faith in your surgeon is very imminent while undergoing this surgery and hence, a proper background check of your surgeon, focusing on his/her qualifications, is very much required.
What are the advantages of a Tummy Tuck surgery?
Following can be called as the advantages of abdominoplasty:
- A lean, slim and trim body
- Psychological benefits of possessing amazing body
- Sexier personality
- Increase in Self-confidence
What is the cost of Tummy Tuck in India?
Tummy Tuck Surgery is an expensive process and since it is done for aesthetic reasons rather than medical urgencies, Medical Insurances generally do not cover the charges for Tummy Tuck Surgery in west.
Avail Tummy Tuck surgery Packages in India, which includes state of the art Medical facilities & services (Surgeon’s Fees, Hospital’s Fee, Anesthesiologist Services, lab fees, medications and bandaging charges) at world renowned Hospitals in India.
Some useful Last-minute facts regarding Tummy Tuck:
- To prepare yourself and your body for the surgery, you must stop smoking and also discontinue with the medications that you are using for some other purposes, at least 10 days before the surgery.
- This surgery is designed to target abdominal fat and does not remove body fat from any other regions whatsoever.
- Every patient reacts different to the treatment and the degree of fat removal varies from case to case.
- If you are experiencing any noteworthy problems after the surgery, report your surgeon immediately. Doctor’s advices, recommendations and instructions are to be followed strictly.
- The effects of the surgery last for a longer duration, though if there is any major increase in the weight, then the impact might get compromised.