Modern day life is full of mental stress which is one of the deadliest disease and a worst enemy of human health and well being. Mental stress affects greatly the mind and the emotions which control the whole body. Ayurveda, the most ancient medical system in the world, has the answers and solutions to the burning problems of the mankind. Ayurveda defines stress as the state where the mind is imbalanced due to many problems like financial concerns, work-pressure and more. An imbalanced mind and body will give rise to indecision, stress and anxiety.
Therapies for Mind Relaxation in Ayurveda
- Breathing : Deep breathing should be done in a relaxed position which will expand the diaphragm and contract while breathing out. This exercise works wonders to release stress and depression.
- Food : Food is considered as the important medicine for both the mind and body. Increase the intake of fresh fruits, juices, vegetables, sprouts and fresh butter in order to reduce the level of stress. Cut down the intake of black tea, coffee, chocolates and fried food items.
- Exercise : Following an exercise routine will not only keep you fit but also healthy. Practicing Yoga for a few minutes every day will ease stress and depression from the body and mind. Brisk walking is also a very good exercise which helps in blood circulation.
- Meditation : Meditation focuses on calming your thoughts and increasing concentration levels. It slows down the breathing process, normalizes the blood pressure, relaxes muscles and reduces stress and anxiety.
- Ayurvedic Remedies : By applying oil on the body (Abhyanga) once a week is a good method to relax the body and mind. Shiro Dhara which is a popular Ayurvedic remedy relaxes the tension in the nerves and head.