Ear Nose Throat Disorders
The surgeries for the throat include complex procedures like Laryngectomy (cancer of the larynx) and it also include an easy procedure of Tonsillectomy (tonsils) or Adenoidectomy ( removal of the adenoids by surgery). The ear surgeries are done to correct the problems associated with hearing. The surgeries of the nose are done to treat the sinus problems. The surgeries of neck and head are performed to remove a tumor or also construct the damaged area after injury or trauma. The problem of tumors (lumps) in the parotid can be largely seen in every age group. These tumor forms from an abnormal growth of the cells inside the gland. It has been examined that about 80% of the tumors are non-cancerous and are known as Benign Tumors. Although very rarely these tumors could be cancerous.
ENT Treatments in India are available for following conditions:
Inner Ear Disorders
- Vestibular system
- Acoustic Neuroma
- Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo
- Ear Disorders Caused by Drugs
- Herpes Zoster Oticus
- Meniere Disease
- Purulent Labyrinthitis
- Vestibular Neuronitis
Middle Ear Disorders
- Infection (such as acute otitis media, chronic otitis media, myringitis, or mastoiditis)
- Blockage of the eustachian tube (which connects the middle ear and the back of the nose)
- Injury (such as eardrum perforation, barotrauma, or objects in the ear)
Mouth and Throat Disorders
- Retropharyngeal Abscess
- Salivary Gland Disorders
- Submandibular Space Infection
- Tonsillar Cellulitis and Tonsillar Abscess
- Vocal Cord Polyps, Nodules, and Granulomas
- Vocal Cord Contact Ulcers
- Vocal Cord Paralysis
- Vocal cord polyps and nodules
- Laryngeal papillomas
- Throat infections (pharyngitis)
Mouth, Nose, and Throat Cancers
- Laryngeal Cancer
- Nasopharyngeal Cancer
- Mouth and Throat Cancer
- Paranasal Sinus Cancer
- Salivary Gland Cancer
Nose and Sinus Disorders
- Bacterial Nasal Infections
- Deviated Septum
- Nasal Polyps
- Objects in the Nose
- Perforations of the Septum
Outer Ear Disorders
- Developmental Abnormalities of the Outer Ear
- Ear Blockages
- Ear Tumors
- External Otitis (Swimmer’s Ear)
- Malignant External Otitis
Paediatric (Kids) Ear, Nose & Throat Conditions
- Central Auditory Processing Disorder
- Kids Airway
- Kids Hearing (Hearing Loss)
- Obstructive Sleep Apnoea (Sleep & Snoring)
- Unintelligible Speech
ENT Treatment are monitored by an otolaryngologist. ENT treatment will vary according to what type of problems or symptoms you are having. In the early stages of a disorder, surgical procedures may not be warranted. But for specific issues, ENT surgery is warranted.
The ENT surgeries are divided into three categories-
- Endoscopic orbital, optic nerve decompression and DCR.
- Revision ear surgery
- Middle ear reconstructive surgery
- Functional endoscopic sinus surgery
- Facial nerve surgery
- Congenital anomalies of the ear
- Neck and head surgery
- Endoscopic skull base surgery
- Surgeries for sleep apnoea and snoring
- Septorhinoplasty and Septoplasty
- Neck and head cancer surgery
- Laser surgery for neck and head lesions
- Micro laryngeal surgery
Speech and Audiology Therapies
- Pseudohypacusis tests
- Behaviour Response Audiometry
- Hearing Assessment
- Hearing Aid Fitting and Trial
- Speech Audiometry
- Special tests of hearing- Tine Decay Threshold, DLI, MLB, UCL, Loudness Scaling, STAT, ABLB, MCL
- Free Field Audiometry
- Electrophysiological evaluation of hearing through the brain stem evoked response audiometry
- Conditioned response audiometry
- Pure tone audiometry
- Acoustic Immitance Studies such as Stapedial reflex, Reflex decay, Tympanogram, Eustachain tube function test
Voice Speech and Language Disorders
- Maintenance speech therapy in degenerative disorders
- Delay in speech and language development due to mental retardation, hearing loss and autism
- Voice disorders (Androphonia, Puberphonia, Harshness/Breathiness of Voice/Hoarseness, Spastic Dysphonia, Hyper nasality of voice, Prophylaxis)
- Development and childhood aphasias
- Articulation disorders
- Cleft palate speech rehabilitation
- Therapy for swallowing disorders (dysphagias)
- Neurogenic speech and language disorders like apraxia, dysarthrias and aphasias
Block dissections of the neck and endolymphatic sac
Block dissections of the neck is a surgical process. It is carried out to extract lymph nodes from the neck area that contain cancer cells. Whereas, for curing vertigo in Meniere disease, Endolymphatic sac shunt surgery is done. Advanced and cost-effective block dissections of the neck treatments are available at the best ENT hospitals worldwide.
A cochlear implant is a treatment for successfully curing the damaged inner ear. An electronic medical device is used in the process to cure the condition. The cost of cochlear implantation depends on the duration and extent of a patient’s hearing loss and also on how much the doctor charges.
Excision of Large Angiofibroma
Affecting mostly the adolescent boys, Angiofibroma is a benign nasal cavity tumor. Removal of large angiofibroma is a very common benign tumor that accounts for 0.5 percent of all head and neck tumors. Though the tumor is benign, it wears out the sinus, adjacent orbit or cranial vault.
Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery (FESS)
FESS is an abbreviation for Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery. The procedure is hailed as a modern approach to surgery done to treat sinuses. The treatment follows that the surgery focuses on the functioning of the sinuses. All this is achieved by drilling holes into the sinuses and eliminating lining tissues.
Laryngectomy is an important surgical procedure for ENT treatment. The treatment involves the eliminating of the larynx. This further includes separating airways from the mouth, nose and esophagus. The total cost depends on several factors. These factors include laboratory charges, total hospital costs, room charges, pharmacy and respiratory therapy.
Mastoidectomy with Tympanoplasty
Mastoidectomy is nothing but a surgical treatment done to diseased mastoid air cells. Mastoidectomy and Tympanoplasty treatments go hand in hand and are done to cure any defect in the tympanic membrane. Symptoms of Tympanoplasty include mouth dryness, dizziness, hearing loss and infection.
Micro Laryngeal Surgery)
The treatment Micro Laryngeal Surgery is a minimally invasive procedure that is done to treat voice disorders, breathing difficulties and other problems affecting the larynx. Other voice related issues such as persistent cough, hoarseness of voice and others are also cured with microscopic laryngeal surgery.
Ossiculoplasty aims towards repairing, reconstruction and enhancing small bones in the middle ear that work as hearing aid. The ear surgery is suggested to remove and alleviate infections and diseases caused in the middle ear. After the surgery, a cotton pack is placed within the ear. Ear drops are also given post-surgery.
Hailed as ear pinning surgery, Otoplasty is a treatment which is carried out to correct the size and shape of the external ear or pinna. The process is suggested to correct the deformities and defects of the ear. It is also recommended in case of the absence of the external ear. The cost of this ear surgery lies between the US $1600 and $6000 as it varies from country to country.
Rhinoplasty is a treatment which is commonly known as a nose job or nose plastic surgery. The surgery proceeds by the surgeon creating incisions to easily access the bones and cartilages that support the nose. The exact cost of rhinoplasty depends upon the exact nature of the surgery, the complexity of the procedure and the hospital or clinic where you are getting the treatment done.
The treatment done to treat any deviated septum in the nose is called Septoplasty. The surgery aids in correcting any displacement of bone or cartilage that divides the nostrils. Symptoms of deviated septum include facial pain, nose bleeding, noisy breathing while sleeping and swelling.
The surgery done to remove tonsils is Tonsillectomy. This surgery is suggested when there is swelling to a grave extent or a sore throat because of the infection in tonsils. The surgery is important for curing breathing issues and other problems related to enlarged tonsils. The recovery period of Tonsillectomy usually lasts between 10 days and two weeks.
Tracheostomy is a surgical procedure done to create an opening in the neck area, straight into the trachea. The treatment includes inserting of a tube through the windpipe in order to open any restricted airways. This helps to enable breathing. The Tracheostomy procedure can be either permanent or temporary. Furthermore, the cost of tracheostomy varies from area to area.
Turbinoplasty with FESS and Septoplasty
Turbinoplasty treatment is done to enhance breathing drainage and sinus. Powered septoplasty with turbinoplasty aids in improving breathing by straightening the septum that controls breathing. Keep in mind that an infection caused due to crooked or deviated septum can be easily cured.
Tympanoplasty is an eardrum repair surgery. It is done to reconstruct perforated tympanic membrane or small bones in the middle ear. Common symptoms of tympanoplasty include abnormal scarring in the middle ear, recurrent perforation, hearing loss and echo-like noises in ears. There are two categories of Tympanoplasty – Type I and Type II. Type I does the restoration of a perforated eardrum whereas Type II is carried out for tympanic membrane perforations.