Inflammation of Sinus gland is known as Sinusitis. Inflammation of the nose and the mucous membrane of the nose replaces the air of the sinus into mucosal hypertrophy. It is known as one of the most common problems.
Root Causes of Sinusitis
- Poor nutrition
- Accumulation of physical and mental stress
- Poor digestion
- Toxins accumulating in tissues and blocking circulation
- Lowering of natural resistance and immunity
- Disruption of natural biological rhythms
Ayurvedic Treatments for Sinusitis
The problem can be treated with the help of various herbal and Ayurvedic medicines such as Anu Taila (nasal drops) to reduce the congestion. The other medicines reduce inflammation are Khadiraadi Vati, Vyoshaadi Vati and Kaanchanaara Guggulu which helps in producing a soothing effect. The most common prescribed remedy for Sinusitis is Chitraka hareetaki.
The migraine is a terrible headache that tends to recur and is often accompanied by a feeling of nausea. It is characterized by bodily perceptions, nausea, irritability and severe pounding headaches. This pain usually begins the forehead, side of the head or around the eyes. Bright lights and loud noises can further worsen the condition. The pain can last for one hour or even up to two or three days.
Causes of Migraine
- Stress and time pressure
- Smell and fumes, tobacco smoke or weather changes
- Interrupted sleep
- Hunger or fasting
- Excessive activity
Ayurvedic Treatments for Migraine
- Take the juice of Tinospora Cordifolia in doses of 10 ml with honey
- Drop some ghee, medicated with saffron flowers into each nostril and inhale.
- Godanti mishran, Pathyadi Kwatham and Shirasholaadi vajra ras are very useful in treating migraine
- Apply a paste made of black pepper and rice with the juice of Bhringaraaja to the forehead.