Established in the year 1983, the flagship hospital of the Apollo Group. Apollo Hospital Chennai, today is one of the most well-known hospitals, worldwide. The patients, both from the country and the world (medical tourism) come to this hospital to get rid of their medical troubles. Specializing in various medical processes such as Robotic surgeries, Heart Disease Treatments, Oncology (Cancer Treatments), Neurology & Neurosurgery, Cosmetic and Reconstructive Surgery, Gastroenterology, Nephrology and Urology. Dentistry, Orthopedics, Spine Surgery and so on, it has more than 60 departments which are headed by internationally trained doctors.
- First hospital in South India to be accredited by the Joint Commission International, USA.
- First hospital in the country to perform the Illizarov Procedure and Total Knee Replacement
- Leaders in Birmingham Hip Resurfacing Treatment in India.
- Pioneers of multi-organ and cord blood transplants in India.
- The Apollo Centre for Liver Disease and Transplantation, Chennai has conducted over 100 Liver Transplantations till June 2011, in just 3 years since its inaugration.
- A healthy 70% success rate in Bone Marrow Transplant.
- First Indian hospital to launch landmark techniques in stereotactic radiotherapy, coronary angioplasty and radio-surgery for brain tumors.
- First Indian hospital to be awarded the 1S0 9002 and ISO 14001 Certifications.
- Declared as a ‘Centre of Excellence’ by the Government of India.
- Rated as the “Best Private Sector Hospital in India” by The Week magazine.
- The Indian Express Group) for Overall Best Hospital of the year, Operational Excellence and Leveraging Global Opportunity.
- Rated as the Best Private Sector Hospital in India, many doctors from different departments of the Apollo Hospital, Chennai have received prestigious awards like the Padma Bhushan Award, Padma Shree Award, Dr B C Roy Award and many more.
Other Apollo Hospitals in Chennai
Apollo Specialty Hospitals
It is the country’s first ISO certified healthcare provider which is counted amongst the top most medical organizations offering various kinds of medical services. It is well-equipped with all kinds of modern-day technology, maintain international standards and has a patient-friendly environment. It offers some cutting-edge oncology treatments such as Cyberknife and Novalis. It was recently awarded the NABH accreditation, the Indian gold standard for health-care quality.
Apollo First Med Hospitals
Established in 2002, Apollo First Med Hospital has to offer high quality of secondary medical services in various disciplines. In merely 4 years, treating more than 100000 patients, it has great infrastructure, up-to-date technology, hardworking people.
Apollo Children’s Hospital
Just a stone’s throw away distance from the flagship Chennai Apollo Hospital is Apollo Children’s Hospital,offering great quaternary-care pediatric specialties. It boasts of Operating rooms including facility for complex cardiac surgeries, procedure rooms, laboratory services , dedicated clinics for chronic ailments, preventive health, developmental disorders and counseling services for congenital cardiac troubles, oncology, nuclear medicine, telemedicine, ventricular septal defect etc.SACHi, Saving a Child’s Heart Initiative is the moral initiative in the same line by Apollo Hospital Chennai.
Facilities for Transplants
Apollo Hospital Chennai also has the most latest equipments and machinery, as well as professionally trained doctors for various kinds of transplants such as cornea transplant, bone marrow transplant, liver and kidney transplant and even cadaver transplant.
Facilities of Medical Health Checkups
Apollo Hospital Chennai, also has medical health check-ups for the local people. Along with this, they have also been approved by the Citizenship and Immigration, Canada; the Department of Immigration and Citizenship, Australia and the US Consulate General that they can undertake medical check-ups of people who are immigrating there or are going for holidaying purpose.