India is among the best destinations for medical tourism. With the best infrastructure, hospitable services, economical costs, and plenty of medical facilities, medical tourism in India is thriving. Medical tourists from all over the world choose to come to India for their medical treatments. There are a plethora of popular names of medical tourism hospitals in India for advanced treatments that make India stand out amongst the rest of the countries. With the better facilities and best medical staff, Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, and Delhi are among the popular medical tourism spots in India.
So here is a list of the top 8 hospitals in India which can come in handy in case of emergencies and during your difficult times.
1. BLK – MAX Super Specialty Hospital, New Delhi
Equipped with state-of-art facilities, BLK – MAX Super Specialty Hospital caters to patients of all age groups. Accredited by Joint Commission International (JCI) & National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare Providers (NABH), National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL), BLK – MAX is among the prime destinations that feature the outpatient services extended up to two floors. This hospital is one of the largest tertiary care private hospitals in the country.
Facilities – 17 Modular Operation Rooms, 125 Critical Care beds, 650 beds, Advanced Robotic Surgery Systems, Tomotherapy Modern Fire-Management Systems, electronic security system, medical record transfer, online doctor consultation, personal assistance/concierge, private rooms for patients’ available, and special dietary requests accepted.
Specialties – Anesthesiology, Ayurveda, Bariatric, and Adv. Laparoscopy Surgery, Dental & Maxillofacial Surgery, Dermatology, Emergency & Acute Care Medicine, Endocrinology and Endocrine Surgery, ENT & Cochlear Implant, External Counter Pulsation, General and Minimal Access Surgery, Gynecology & Obstetrics Hepato Pancreato Biliary Surgery, Cancer center, Multi-Organ Transplant, Orthopedic Institute, etc.
- Liver Transplant – Dr. Abhideep Chaudhary, Senior Director & HOD
- Orthopedics – Dr. Ishwar Vohra, Sr. Consultant
- Spine – Dr. Rajesh Verma, Sr. Consultant
- Surgical Oncology & Robotic Surgery – Dr. Surender Kumar Dabas, Senior Director & HOD
- Cosmetic & Plastic Surgery – Dr. (Maj Gen) Avtar Singh Bath Director & Dr. Anil Kumar Murarka, Sr. Consultant
- Gastroenterology & Hepatology- Dr. Manav Wadhawan, Senior Director
2. Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
Established in 1996, Apollo Hospital has been accredited by NABL and JCI. With the specialization in 52 different treatments, Indraprastha Apollo Hospital is determined to provide quality healthcare services of international standards in India. Apollo got the first rank in the survey done by The Times of India Healthcare Survey in 2016 in Renal Sciences, Oncology, Neurosciences, Gynecology and Obstetrics, Pediatrics & Emergency. They also got an award in the category of Special Commendation for the Golden Peacock Environment Management Award for the hospital’s environmental practices. Apollo Hospital performed the first Pediatric Liver Transplant in India in 1998.
Facilities: Separate counter for Admission, In-house pharmacy for outpatient and inpatient, different types of room categories like multi-bed, semi-private, single room, deluxe room, suite & daycare rooms, ICUs & HDUs, separate OPDs areas for doctors, highly skilled nursing staff, In-house food & beverage department for patients and attendants, International Patient lounge, cloakrooms, lockers, food courts for outpatients, gift shop, car valet parking, communication center, etc.
Specialties: Bone Marrow Transplant, Advanced Pediatric Urology & Pediatric Surgery, Anesthesiology, Dental Treatments, Cosmetic & Plastic Surgery, Skin Clinic, General & Advance Laparoscopic Surgery, Department of Neonatology, Gastroenterology & GI Surgery, Infertility treatments, Cancer treatment, Kidney Transplant, Orthopedics, Institute of Robotics surgeries, ENT (Ear, Nose, Throat), organ Transplants, spinal surgeries, Neurology, Nephrology, Ophthalmology, Vascular & Endovascular Surgery, Rheumatology, Urology & Andrology, Fetal Medicine, Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation and Dietetics & Clinical Nutrition, etc.
Neurology – Dr. Mukul Verma, Dr. Vinit Suri,
Neurosurgery – Dr. Sudheer Tyagi, Dr. Rajendra Sharma
Kidney Transplant – Dr. Sandeep Guleria
Medical Oncology – Dr. Dipanjan Panda, Dr. Manish Singhal
Radiation Oncology – Dr. G K Jadhav
Surgical Oncology – Dr. S M Shuaib Zaidi, Dr. Ruquaya Ahmad Mir
Gastroenterology – Dr. Sanjay Sikka, Dr. Yogesh Bathra
Orthopedics – Dr. Yash Gulati, Dr. Yatinder Kharbanda, Dr. Vibhu Behl
ENT – Dr. Ameet Kishore, Dr. Kalpana Nagpal
General & Advance Laparoscopic Surgery – Dr. Sushil Kumar Jain
Opthalmology – Dr. Uma Malliah, Dr. Aniel Malhotra
3. Fortis Escorts Heart Institute (FEHI), New Delhi
Fortis Escorts Heart Institute boasts about accreditations, prestigious accolades, state-of-art facilities, world-class technologies, and excellent services. The hospital is known for its excellent cardiac care unit that is proven to be beneficial for many heart patients. With a success rate comparable to international standards, Fortis Escorts is known for its notable specialists that provide path-breaking services. The institute teams up with contemporary cutting-edge technologies to set benchmarks in providing cardiac care services. This is among the most trusted cardiac institutes, which work with a vision to transform cardiac care in India. Through its world-class treatment and compassionate patient care, Fortis Escorts is committed to giving the nation a ‘healthy heart’. The hospital is equipped with the modern infrastructure comprising around 310 beds, 5 Cath Labs besides a host of other world-class facilities.
Facilities – ICD Clinic, Pacemaker Clinic, Heart Failure Clinic, a one-stop-shop for counseling, admission, and discharge, overnight attendant lounge, ATM, parking, valet parking, pharmacy, International Services Desk, Corporate Desk, Business Centre, etc.
Specialties – Cardiac Bypass Surgery, Minimally Invasive Surgery, Interventional Cardiology, Non-invasive Cardiology, Pediatric Cardiology, Pediatric Cardiac Surgery, Electrophysiology, and Preventive Cardiology, Heart Transplant, Kidney and Urology Institute, Bone and Joint Institute, Liver and Digestive Diseases Institute
- Cardiac Sciences – Prof. (Dr.) Ashok Seth, Dr. Praveer Agarwal, Dr. Atul Mathur
- Pediatrics Cardiologists – Dr. Krishna S Iyer, Dr. S. Radha Krishnan, Dr. Sushil Azad, Dr. Gaurav Kumar
- Liver Transplant – Dr. Vivek Vij
- Orthopedic – Dr. Harshavardhan Hegde, Dr. Kaushal Kant Mishra
- Urology- Dr. Anil Mandhani, Dr. Anil Kumar Gulia
4. Kusum Dhirajlal Hospital, Ahmedabad
Located in the prime location of Ahmedabad, Kusum Dhirajlal Hospital or KD Hospital is a multi/ super specialty hospital, which caters to every age group of patients. The hospital is equipped with cutting-edge technology and state-of-the-art facilities. KD Hospital is spread over a massive 6-acres of campus and their aim is to provide world-class treatment at an affordable price in India.
The hospital is furnished with more than 300 beds and caters to nearly 45 super-specialties, all under one roof. With a group of committed and experienced staff, KD Hospital is well-equipped to deal with any kind of emergency. They are focused on the well-being of the patient, which is assured by the extension of Available, Accessible, Affordable, Safe, Efficacious, Professional, and Ethical comprehensive healthcare. KD Hospital is accredited by NABH, NABL, NABH- Blood Bank, and Nursing Excellence Certificate.
Facilities – 300 + multi-bedded hospital, 45 super specialties, Waiting Lounge, Cardiac Catherization Laboratory, Modular OT, IVF OT, ICU, CT Scan 120slice, separate OT for Ophthalmology, Separate lounge for the International patient, Cafeteria, Ambulance Service.
Specialties – Cardiac Sciences, Neuro Sciences, Orthopedics, Ophthalmology, Urology, ENT, Bariatric, Medical Oncology, Pulmonology, Dentistry, Gastroenterology etc.
- Cardiothoracic Surgeon & Cardiology – Dr. Bhavin Desai, Dr. Abhishek Rajpopat & Dr. Krunal Tamakuwala
- Ortho & Spine- Dr. Ateet Sharma
- Neuro Surgeon – Dr. Gopal Shah
- Bariatrics – Dr. Manish Khaitan
- ENT – Dr. Hardik Shah
- Urology – Dr. Darshan Shah
- Ophthalmology – Dr. Anuja Desai
- Neurology – Dr. Samir Patel
- IVF – Dr. Dipesh Sorathiya
- HPB & Gastro-intestinal – Dr. Amit Shah
5. Max Super Specialty Hospital, Saket New Delhi
Located in the heart of the national capital, Max Super Specialty Hospital houses 530+ beds and is considered one of the best hospitals in the country. This is a unit of Devki Devi Foundation and has treated more than 34 lakh patients across 38 specialties mainly Cardiac, Oncology, Neurosciences, Obstetrics, and Gynecology. This hospital is also a renowned name in Kidney Transplant, Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery.
Max Healthcare is accredited by Joint Commission International (JCI) as well as recognized by NABH & ISO, which offer best-in-class services to their patients. This is among the premier names in the healthcare world, which offers remarkable services to experienced professionals. Max Healthcare provides world-class healthcare services through 14 hospitals across the country.
Facilities – 40 super specialties, 600 beds, well-trained nursing staff, highly experienced doctors, State-of-art 1.5 Tesla MRI machine and a 64 Slice CT Angio, Asia’s first Brain SUITE- an advanced Neurosurgical operation theatre, separate Insurance, and TPA, In house Laboratories, In house food & beverage department, Restaurants, etc.
Specialties – Cardiac, Oncology (Medical, Surgical and Radiotherapy), Neurosciences, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery, Bone Marrow Transplant, Urology, Nephrology, Kidney Transplant, Aesthetics, and Reconstructive Surgery, and other ancillary services.
- Surgical Oncology – Dr. Harit Chaturvedi
- Medical Oncology – Dr. Devavrat Arya, Dr. Sandeep Bathra
- Radiation Oncology – Dr. Anil Kumar Anand
- Neuro & Spine – Dr. Arun Saroha, Dr. Bipin Walia
- Liver Transplant – Dr. Subash Gupta
- Nephrology & Kidney Transplant – Dr. Anant Kumar, Dr. Dinesh Khullar
- Orthopedics & Joint – Dr. SKS Marya, Dr. Ramneek Mahajan
- Cosmetic & Plastic – Dr. Rajeev Malhotra
- Cardiac Surgery – Dr. Rajeev Malhotra
- Cardiology – Dr. Balbir Singh
- Pediatric – Dr. Sumit Mrig, Dr. Sandeep Sachdeva
- Bariatrics – Dr. Pradeep Chowbey
6. Medanta – The Medicity Hospital Gurugram, Haryana
Medanta, The Medicity Hospital is a multi-super specialty institute that is being managed by brilliant medical practitioners. Some of the most notable doctors in the world in their respective domains are an inevitable part of Medanta. The hospital is equipped with state-of-art facilities and backed by cutting-edge technologies. This is a prestigious institute that has developed revolutionary and innovative procedures. Medanta is among the best places for patients who are seeking world-class healthcare. The hospital is accredited by the JCI, the highest accreditation for quality healthcare. It has also received accreditation from National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare Providers, and National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories.
Facilities – Air Ambulance, Emergency & Trauma Care, Wards & Rooms, Critical Care Units, eClinic-Telemedicine Services, Patient, Support Services, Lab Tests & Diagnostics, Day Care.
Specialties – Bone and Joint Institute, Cancer Institute, Breast Services, Head and Neck Oncology, Institute of Critical Care and Anesthesiology, Institute of Digestive and Hepatobiliary Sciences, Gastroenterology, GI Surgery, GI Oncology, and Bariatric Surgery, Heart Institute, Clinical and Preventive Cardiology, Electrophysiology and Pacing, Kidney and Urology Institute, Institute of Liver Transplantation and Regenerative Medicine, Ayurveda Medicine, Respiratory and Sleep Medicine, etc.
- Liver Transplant – Dr. Arvinder Singh Soni
- Cardiac – Dr. Naresh Trehan
- Nephrology & Kidney Transplant – Dr. Vijay Kher, Dr. Shyam Bihari Bansal
- Urology – Dr. Rajesh Ahlawat
- Orthopedics – Dr. Ashok Rajgopal
- Surgical Oncology – Dr. Rajeev Agarwal, Dr. Kanchan Kaur, Dr. Deepak Sarin
- Radiation Oncology – Dr. Tejinder Kataria
- Gastroentology – Dr. Rajesh Puri, Dr. Amarender Singh Puri
- Neuro & Spine – Dr. V. P. Singh, Dr. Sudhir Dubey, Dr. Arun Garg
- Gynecology – Dr. Sabhyata Gupta, Dr. Priyanka Batra
- Cosmetics & Plastic – Dr. Rakesh Kumar Khazanchi, Dr. Aditya Aggarwal
- Chest Surgeon – Dr. Arvind Kumar
7. Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital & Medical Research Institute, Mumbai, Maharashtra
Committed to providing the finest healthcare to their patients, Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital (KDAH) is well-equipped with state-of-art infrastructure and cutting-edge technology. The aim of KDAH is to provide excellence in the delivery of care to patients. The houses expertise in various specialties under one roof to better meet the needs of the growing number of patients with multisystem diseases. They have a team of medical experts and technical professionals, which are dedicated to providing high-quality medical services.
KDAH is in the league of the world’s leading JCI accredited healthcare providers, which is a benchmark for quality healthcare worldwide. They have also attained NABH accreditation along with the College of American Pathology (CAP) and NABL. They have been named as the best multispecialty hospital in Mumbai by The Week Magazine for the 5th year in a row.
Facilities – Ambulance, Blood Bank, Critical Care, Day Care, Diagnostics, Dialysis Centre, Emergency/ Trauma, Health Check-Up, Interventional Neuroradiology, Interventional Radiology, outpatient, pharmacy/ chemist, physiotherapy, social initiatives, visa investigation
Specialties – Anesthesiology, Audiology & Speech Therapy, Bariatric Surgery, Cardiology & Cardio Vascular Thoracic Surgery, Chest Medicine, Corneal Transplant, Colorectal Surgery, Dental, Dermo Cosmetology, Diabetology & Endocrinology, ENT, Head & Neck Surgery, Gastroenterology & Gastrointestinal Surgery, Hair Transplant, Headache & Migraine Clinic, Infectious Diseases, Liver Transplant, Minimally Invasive Surgery, Urology/ Andrology, etc.
- Orthopedics: Dr. Abhijit Pawar, Dr. Avinash Date, Dr. Sandeep Wasnik
- Oncology: Dr. Bhavisha Ghugare, Dr. Imran Nisar Sheikh, Dr. Mandar Deshpandey
- Cosmetic & Plastic: Dr. Amol Ghalme, Dr. Quazi Ghazwan Ahmed
- Cardiology: Dr. Jamshed Dalal, Dr. Nandkishore Kapadia, Dr. Sunil Wani
- Pediatric cardiology: Dr. Suresh Rao, Dr. Hari Bipin Radhakrishnan Kattana, Dr. Kamlesh Tailor
- Neurosciences: Dr. Abhaya Kumar, Dr. Annu Aggarwal
- Pediatric Neurosurgeon: Dr. Hrishikesh Sarka
8. Continental Hospitals, Gachibowli, Hyderabad
Accredited by JCI and NABH, Continental Hospitals is a part of the Parkway Pantai Ltd., which is among the region’s largest integrated private healthcare groups. They endeavor for excellence in medical services. This super specialty hospital is furnished with 232 bedded rooms along with other state-of-art facilities. They are committed to providing high-quality patient-centric care. Backed by cutting-edge technology and modern medical equipment, the hospital ensures patients get benefits from the most effective and latest treatments. They have a team of internationally recognized experts who are dedicated to providing world-class healthcare to patients. They are the premium integrated healthcare provider in the country.
Facilities – Advanced Diagnostics- Molecular, Advanced Diagnostics- Flow Cytometry, Cobas Modular 6000- Immunoassay + Routine Chemistry, Roche E411 Analyzer, D10 Hemoglobin Testing System- BioRad, Hematology, Hemostasis & Coagulation Testing, Microbiology & Serology, Histopathology
Specialties – Continental Institute Of Cancer, Continental Institute of Orthopedics, Continental Institute of Neurosciences and Rehabilitation, Continental Institute Of Cardiovascular Sciences, Continental Institute Of Gastroenterology & Liver Diseases, Continental Centre For Women And Child, Continental Institute of Emergency, Trauma Services & Critical Care
- Oncology: Dr. Praveen Kumar Dadireddy, Dr. Ravi Chander Veligeti, Dr. Mallik Singaraju
- Urology: Dr. Vishwambhar Nath, Dr. Shyam Varma
- Nephrology & Kidney Transplant: Dr. Dhananjaya Kappadi Lingappareddy, Dr. Ravi Kumar N
- Cardiology: Dr. Pradeep Rachakonda, Dr. Meeraji Rao Dandangi
Now, you have the list of the best hospitals for medical tourism in India along with the topmost doctors and facilities they are providing. If you are seeking advanced medical treatments in India, then these are the finest places, which provide world-class healthcare and treatments to patients.