The eyes are one of the major facial feature of our face which can easily state that we are tired, happy or unhappy. Many people suffer from the problems of dark circles, puffiness of the eye or the drooping lower and upper eyelid. These problems can make us look tired and fatigued. The cosmetic eyelid surgery will deal with all these problems and is meant for those seek improvement in their facial appearance. The surgical process of Blepharoplasty will eliminate the excess fat of the upper eyelids and also tightens the lower eyelid and can also drastically reduce under-eye bags.
What is Blepharoplasty?
The surgical process of Blepharoplasty aims at improving and modifying the eyelid. By this procedure, the surplus skin and fat tissues are positioned again and the concerned tendons and muscles can also be reinforced . It can be both a functional and cosmetic surgery. The surgery aims at improving the surrounded area of the patient’s eye so as to make it look more relaxed and rejuvenated.
Blepharoplasty can be done alone or combined with other facial surgeries such as a Facelift and Eye Brow lift surgery to give a younger looking appearance.
Eye conditions Treatable Through Blepharoplasty (Eyelid Surgery)
- Bags under the eye can be corrected. The extra fat deposits or the puffiness in the upper eyelids can be treated with the help of upper eyelid surgery.
- Lower eyelid surgery can remove excess skin, fine wrinkles and can also correct the droopiness of the lower eyelid.
- The surgery can also treat the extra sagging skin which disturbs the natural outline of the upper eyelid and can also cause impairing vision.
Who should consider Blepharoplasty eyelid surgery ?
- Individuals without serious eye conditions
- Candidates who are physically healthy and do not have any serious illness that can impair the healing.
- Candidates who have a realistic goal in mind.
Procedure for Blepharoplasty Surgery
The first step before starting the procedure is to mark the surplus skin in a standing position. The surgery is performed under general anesthesia. The incision is done on the crease of the lid and the deep muscle is tightened and the skin is pulled off and the accumulated fat is removed. The surgeon then closes the incision with the help of fine sutures so as to prevent scarring. In the surgical process of the lower lid the excess fat from the lower lid is treated with the help of transconjunctival Blepharoplasty. Canthoplasty is a surgical process in which the lid is tightened at the edges of the eye when there is excessive laxity of the lid.
Postoperative care After Blepharoplasty
- Follow all instructions on looking after your wounds and apply eye ointment cream as prescribed.
- Report any bleeding, pain or unusual symptoms to your surgeon.
- Try not to rub your eyes.
- Always wear sunglasses to protect your eyes from sunlight.
- If feeling any unusual symptoms or bleeding, report to your surgeon
- To manage short-term irritation or sensations, cover your eyes with cool compresses.
After Blepharoplasty Surgery
The people after surgery are very pleased with their results fairly soon after their procedure. People see visible changes of before and after the eyelid surgery and looked refreshed and more alert. Almost all the traces will subside after several weeks. The patient can witness a great improvement in their eyesight.
Benefits of Blepharoplasty
- Well Rested Appearance : With lifting up your upper and lower eyelid, tired and stressed appearance is minimized.
- Refreshed Appearance : The eyes will look much younger and vibrant offering a complete refreshed appearance.
- Improve Vision : In severe cases of the upper eyelid sagging, the patient’s visual field will be improved with the help of a lift.
Laser Technology for Blepharoplasty
Laser Blepharoplasty is the latest method used for lifting your brow or correcting the eyelid. This technology involves the use of highly powerful laser light to correct the problem. The technique is used to push off the traditional cosmetic technique which creates incision and needs more healing time. This technique creates no sutures and scars with less healing time. For this the surgeons use laser or lasers with CO2 for Blepharoplasty.
Cost of Blepharoplasty in India
The low cost of Blepharoplasty in India offers your eyes to look younger and vibrant, enhancing more confidence in your appearance. The cosmetic eyelid surgery treatment in India is done with less risk involved with the best possible outcomes. The facilities and clinical care provided in the cosmetic surgery centers is the best and the success rate is also very high. These surgeons are highly experienced and are experts of Blepharoplasty.