The procedure of rhinoplasty (reconstructive nose surgery) is primarily done to enhance the shape of the nose, or reshaping of the nose tip and also to narrow down the nostril spans. A surgeon corrects congenital deformities, intrasanal drug abuse, bent dorsum, and also works to correct the prior failed rhinoplasty surgery which needs restoration of form and nasal appearance. People with respiratory impediment, congenital defect or any other form of nasal trauma can also opt for rhinoplasty surgery. This surgery is performed to give a perfect nose which gives a more beautiful appearance to the face. More and more people are opting for this surgery for a perfect nose.
What is Rhinoplasty ?
Rhinoplasty surgery (nose surgery), is also referred as ‘nose reshaping’ or a ‘nose job’. With the help of rhinoplasty, the overall look and appearance of the nose can be improved. Rhinoplasty can also help in curing breathing problems of the nose.
Aspects of Rhinoplasty
- Dorsal hump reduction
- Breathing difficulties like deviated septum
- Tip of the nose ( Bulbous tip, Boxy Tip and Droopy Tip )
Who Should Consider Rhinoplasty (Nose Surgery)?
- Candidates who are non-smokers
- Candidates who are physically healthy
- Candidates who aspire for realistic goals
- Candidates whose facial growth is complete and are about 13 years of age or older
- Revision Rhinoplasty
- Nose tip Rhinoplasty
- Augmentation Rhinoplasty
- Reduction Rhinoplasty
- Hump Nose Reduction
- Alar Plasty/ Alar reduction
- Post Cleft Lip Nasal Deformity
- Deviated deformed Nose/ Corrective Rhinoplasty
Cosmetic Nose Surgery
- Open surgery and closed surgery are two options available for performing the Rhinoplasty surgery. In closed surgery (intranasal), the surgeon makes the incisions from within the nose and in open surgery, the two incisions are made from the nostril partition ( columella).
- Reconstructive Nose Surgery : This surgery is done to correct any defect or to restore the nasal functions.
- The open rhinoplasty surgery takes more time as compared to closed rhinoplasty surgery.
Procedure of Rhinoplasty Surgery
The surgery is performed under local or general anesthesia. During the surgery, the first step is to make incisions to examine the bones and cartilage that holds the nose. The tissue is also sometimes added in order to get the desired result. For this, many times bone and cartilage can be removed. After the bone and cartilage is arranged again, the tissue and the skin draped again over the structure of the nose. To hold the new shape of the nose, a splint is placed on the outer side of the nose when it heals. Additional support is also provided by placing nasal packing from the inside of the nose.
Recovery from Rhinoplasty
The recovery may take few weeks to heal completely. The surgeon prescribes medication such as antibiotics, analgesics and steroids to aid wound healing. The external cast can be removed after a week.
After Rhinoplasty Surgery
- A proper nose size proportionate to other facial features
- Can treat large, upturned or wide nostrils
- Can improve the nose width at the bridge
- Can improve the nose profile having visible humps on the bridge
- Can improve nasal asymmetry and its deviation
- Can improve the shape of the nasal tip or upturned tip
Cost of Rhinoplasty Surgery
The best part of getting a rhinoplasty cosmetic surgery in India, is that it is much less as compared to any other western countries. Low cost treatment in India does not affect the quality standard of the treatment, as India has best and latest medical facilities in the world.